Remember This When You Get A Title Loan In Myrtle Beach, SC
When it comes to getting a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC through us at Carolina Title Loans, Inc., there are a few things you should remember about our process. Just like with any loan, it is important you know these things so that you can make sure the process runs as smoothly as possible. Use this guide to learn more about the five things you should consider when getting a title loan.
Remember These 5 Things When Getting A Title Loan
1. How We Value Your Vehicle
The first thing you should know about getting a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC is how we value your vehicle. Your car's value plays a major role in determining the amount you qualify for if you are approved. The better your car’s condition, the more it’ll be worth – which then means the more we can lend. Below, you'll find the factors we consider when valuing your vehicle:
- Make and model — Cars from big brands will be worth more than smaller brand vehicles. If you own a luxury car, you're more likely to qualify for the higher loan amounts.
- Age — Generally speaking, vehicles lose up to 60% of their value throughout the first five years of their life. You shouldn't expect an old car to be worth the same as its newer model.
- Odometer reading — With increased mileage comes increased wear and tear. So, the higher your odometer reading, the less your vehicle is worth this kind of loan.
- Mechanical condition — The main thing we are looking for is major damage that prevents the vehicle from running properly. If your car regularly breaks down, it’ll be worth a lot less.
- Cosmetic condition — Alongside the mechanical issues, we are also looking for major cosmetic issues. Scratches and dents can negatively impact your vehicle's worth.
2. Figure Out How You Will Repay The Loan
Before seeing if you qualify for a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC, make sure you have enough money coming in to repay it on time. To calculate whether or not you can afford this loan, You’ll have to know how much money you have coming in. To do that, subtract your outgoings from your income and consider the total. If you can afford it based on that total, you're good to go.
3. They're For Emergencies Only
It's also important to understand that this title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC should be for emergencies only. They're a last-resort option for funding medical bills, veterinary fees, time-sensitive home repairs, same-day necessary travel costs, and similar expenses. Don't be tempted to use them for shopping sprees or gift-buying. This also won’t permanently fix your finances or your credit.
4. What You Need To Show Us
The next thing you need to remember to get a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC is what you need to show us. The good thing about Carolina Title Loans, Inc. is we do not require you to bring in a long list of items. We only require you to bring in three things to find out if you qualify for approval. To get through the process, make sure you bring in the following three items:
- Driver's license or state-issued photo ID — We need to make sure you are of legal age, which is why we require you to show us proof. If you don’t have a driver’s license or can’t show us your license for whatever reason, you can show your state-issued ID that shows your photo.
- Vehicle — In order for us to determine your vehicle’s condition, we will conduct a quick vehicle inspection. Please remember that your vehicle must be paid off and that we only accept cars, pickup trucks, SUVs, or minivans. All other vehicles are not allowed for this loan.
- Lien-free vehicle title — In order to get this loan, you will need to use your lien-free vehicle title as collateral. Lien-free means your title is free of any outstanding liens. If you need to make any changes, you’ll have to go to the DMV before you can apply for this loan.
5. How The Process Works Here
The last thing you need to remember is how the process works for a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC. We here at Carolina Title Loans, Inc. make sure that the process is quick to get through. In fact, if you have all the necessary items, you’ll find out within 30 minutes if you qualify for the loan. Just fill out the online form on our website to get started. From there, follow our quick breakdown:
- After you submit the form, a title loan representative from the nearest South Carolina title loan location will give you a call to answer questions and set up an appointment for you to either come into the store or have us meet you elsewhere.
- Whether you come to the store or we meet you, make sure you have the required items with you. We will conduct the quick vehicle inspection and look at your other items to determine if you qualify for approval and how much you can get.
- If you are happy with the amount, you’ll sign the remaining documents. We will also go over the loan terms and answer any remaining questions. Once you are done, you get the money either on the same day or the next bank business day.
Secure A Title Loan In Myrtle Beach, SC Right Now!
When getting a title loan in Myrtle Beach, SC, you need to make sure to use this guide to remember this information. That way, you know you're going about the process correctly and are getting the loan that will help you. So, the next time you need help with emergency expenses and are thinking of getting a title loan, fill out the online form now to begin the process.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.