How To Choose A Title Loan Company in Columbia SC
July 14, 2021 | Louis Tully
If you’re trying to choose between the title loan companies in Columbia, SC, you might have trouble choosing the best due to the sheer number of lenders to choose from. That’s why we have come up with top 5 things to pay attention to when choosing among title loan companies in Columbia, SC.
5 Things To Look For When Choosing Between Title Loan Companies in Columbia SC
The first step is to check out what other people say about the chosen company. While these days faking positive feedback on the internet isn’t hard, and certain untrustworthy loan companies in Columbia SC may resort to hiring bots to boost their ratings – the internet is always a good place to start.
All licensed title loan companies in Columbia SC (and everywhere else) are obligated to put all the fees they’re charging you in the agreement. They risk losing their license otherwise.
If a representative of the company you chose deflects your questions about the fees (or answers vaguely), tries to speed you through the signing process, and/or doesn’t let you read the agreement – there’s a good chance that something murky is going on.
A trustworthy vendor doesn’t have anything to hide, since they’d inform you about the terms of the loan and all the associated fees in advance, and you’d be able to find them in the agreement.
Always keep a copy of your agreement until the loan is paid off in full, so you can’t be charged extra without proper explanation.
3. The Company’s Policies and Requirements
As there are no universal rules established by title loan companies in Columbia SC, most are free to decide how lax or complicated they wish to be.
The more complicated the vendor’s application process, the more stress and hassle you’ll have to deal with, which will definitely add up to your emergency. The best companies typically ask for only a few relevant items and try to avoid complicated bureaucracy as much as possible.
For example, if you choose to work with Carolina Title Loans, Inc. you’d have to provide only 3 items:
- A state-issued ID or driver’s license to prove you’re over 18;
- Your car for inspection;
- The car’s lien-free title in your name to act as collateral.
4. Willingness to Accept Bad Credit
If you choose your vendor right, your credit situation shouldn’t have a huge influence over your chance of getting title loans in SC.
You’re not applying for a loan at the bank after all. Private lenders – good ones, at least – should be far more accommodating.
5. Willingness to Accommodate All Types of Income
A good private lender typically accommodates all types of income for the clients. Again, this is not a bank. The whole point is to make the process easier for you.
At Carolina Title Loans, Inc. you aren’t likely to even need proof of income. As title loans are secured loans, and you’re putting up collateral to ensure the lender’s assets are protected, the point of proving your ability to repay the loan becomes moot.
You can be eligible even if you’re unemployed.
How to Get Title Loans in SC
You don’t need to spend extra time on a store visit to start the application process for title loans in SC – Carolina Title Loans, Inc. is one of the title loan companies in Columbia SC that offers an online option. Here’s what you need to do to get one:
- Fill out and submit the application form you’ll find on the website. The form will send the information to the nearest store and as soon as it gets processed, a loan representative will give you a call.
- The loan representative will walk you through the application process, answer any questions you may have, and schedule a meeting with you in the Columbia, SC location.
- Go to the meeting, along with your ID (or driver’s license), and the car’s lien-free title. The representative will perform a quick inspection to determine if you qualify for the loan and on what terms.
- If they approve you, sign a few documents and get your loan.
Choose Carolina Title Loans, Inc. Today!
Now that you know what things to pay attention to when choosing among title loan companies in Columbia, SC, it’s up to you to make a choice. And don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you choose Carolina Title Loans, Inc. to work with. You can get cash for your car title and receive up to $15,000 quick cash in no time! Get started today by filling out a short inquiry form on our website!