Behind On Rent? How To Raise Emergency Money For Rent Quickly
January 12, 2021 | Emma Frost
Most people spend 30% of their income on rent and other housing expenses. If you live in the city or have to rent a larger space because you have kids, you may even pay more than that.
Rent is a huge financial cost, but it’s not something you can avoid. Having shelter is a basic human need. But what happens when you hit a financial problem and are unable to find the money for rent? Here are a few tips to handle needing emergency money for rent including getting a title loan.
Talk To The Landlord
Instead of hiding from the landlord, it’s better to just be upfront. Explain what happened, and propose a plan for paying off the backlog. Being honest and pro-active can go a long way in improving your relations, and show that you’re not intentionally avoiding your responsibility as a tenant.
Know The Laws On Eviction
If your landlord is threatening to evict you for lack of payment, know your rights. You should be given notice, and the chance to raise money for the debt. It’s illegal to suddenly padlock the property without written warning.
Try to negotiate and settle outside of court — legal fees will only add to your financial problem.
Get A Roommate
One way to raise money for rent, or at least help lower the monthly costs, is to find a roommate. There are many people out there who are also struggling to find affordable housing. You can sublet a room in a place you’re already renting.
Or, if you’re looking for a new place to rent, ask your friends if they know anyone who wants to split it with you. As a whole, it’s safer to find a roommate who is personally recommended.
Raise Emergency Rent Money As Quickly As Possible
Even if you find a roommate, or plan to look for more affordable housing, you still have the problem of how to pay a rent backlog. That can reach hundreds or even thousands of dollars — and if you struggled to find one month’s rent, then the thought of paying several months’ worth can be even more overwhelming.
However, the longer you wait, the more your debt will grow. And if your landlord evicts you and files a legal case, you’ll be caught in an even bigger mess.
You can raise emergency money for rent, right now, through south carolina title loans.
What Are Title Loans?
Title loans are a short-term loan where you use a vehicle’s title as collateral. You can use any kind of vehicle – car, motorcycle, van, truck, or even RV – so long as it is in your name and the title is free of outstanding loans and liens.
South Carolina title loans allow you to borrow from $601 to $15,000. However, the amount depends on the resale value, the model, and the condition of your vehicle.
What Are The Benefits Of Title Loans?
There are plenty of benefits of our loans you should know about. Besides being able to use any vehicle’s title as collateral, Here are just a few benefits of title loans:
- Anyone can apply for the loan. You don’t need to have a good credit history or even any credit history.
- The application process is painless. With an online title loan, you avoid long lines, endless documents, and confusing processes. Just fill out our online form to begin.
- Loan reps will meet you anywhere. When you speak to one of our loan reps on the phone, you can give them a location and they will meet you if you don’t want to come to the store.
- You get the cash quickly if approved. The application can take as short as 30 minutes. Once the loan is approved, you get the money on the same day or the very next bank business day.
- You can keep your vehicle. As long as you follow the payment schedule, you can continue to use your car.
Do I Qualify For Title Loans?
As I said, you can apply for a loan as long as you are the registered owner of the vehicle and the vehicle is free of outstanding loans or judgments. You must also be of legal age – 18 years or older – and have the ID or driver’s license to prove it.
If you use the vehicle, but it is not currently registered in your name, then you need to visit your nearby DMV to have it transferred to you before you use it to get a title loan.
How Do I Apply For Title Loans?
Carolina Title Loans is one of the most trusted providers of title loans. We are known for our knowledgeable customer service, which makes it as easy as possible to apply for a loan and raise emergency money for rent – or other emergencies – as soon as possible. Follow this guide for more information:
- Go to our website and fill out the online form;
- One of our customer care providers will call you. They will explain the process, answer any questions, and set an appointment for your application and vehicle inspection;
- You can choose between us meeting you at a location of your choice or visiting our title loan cash near you. We have branches all over South Carolina;
- On the day of your appointment, bring your vehicle, driver’s license or any government-issued ID, and the vehicle's title. The customer care representative will look at these documents and inspect the vehicle to determine the maximum amount you can borrow. This takes less than 30 minutes;
- If the loan is approved, you can get the amount the same day or the next banking day.
It’s that easy! To find out more about title loans and how it can help you raise emergency cash, go to our website.
If you are stuck with rent payments you can’t handle and are trying to raise emergency money for rent, you can follow these tips and see if they work for you.