Build Better Money Habits With These 5 Surprising Tips
Creating better money habits is a difficult but unarguable key to success — especially in today’s fast-paced digital world.
Shopping is always just one click away which can make it nearly impossible to construct good habits regarding money. But, there are actually many surprising ways you can build better habits and fix your finances.
Read these 5 tips to build better money habits and get closer to financial freedom.
5 Money Habits to Change Your Finances For the Better
1. Go On A Detox
You've probably heard of detoxes before. You know, the kind that means you only eat only certain healthy foods and run a ton of miles a day.
But you'll be pleased to know that we're not talking about that kind of detox. Instead, we're talking about a money detox.
Put simply, you and money need some space. A 30-day – or however long you like – financial detox is the way to do that. You'll allow yourself to push your reset button, and consider your monetary attitudes and thought patterns.
The goal for this detox is to not buy anything for the stated period. It's a good thing to do twice a year to give yourself – and your bank account – a break.
2. Start Being A Conscious Consumer
Every month, you should sit down with your bank statements and receipts to figure out how you're doing moneywise. If you're on track, that's great! But if you're not, you'll need to make some amendments.
To tell you the truth, building money habits is all about being mindful and keeping track of where your dollars go. You might feel that this is an incredibly difficult task, but once you get going, it's really not that bad.
3. Have More Than One Bank Account
To make budgeting easier, open multiple bank accounts. That way, you don't even need to think about paying the bills, it just happens from your various accounts.
Ideally, you should have the following:
- Everyday account
- Savings account
- Bills account
- Fun account
4. Try Talking More
People generally find it shameful to talk about money troubles. Sadly, the only way to get out of that ideology is to start up conversations about it.
Whether you talk to your friends, partner, parents, or colleagues about your financial situation, make sure you talk to someone.
If all else fails, you could even see a finance counselor. These people are trained to listen and help wherever they can.
5. Start Being Financially Curious
Action is needed as well as talking. Otherwise, you won't get anywhere. So, start figuring out things like investments and retirement plans. This will help you use money wisely and make more in the process.
Get A Head Start With An Online Title Loan
It’s no lie that building better money habits takes time. Unfortunately, it's not something that you can download into your brain or accomplish overnight. And if you are hit with an emergency – that can pop up at literally any time – it gets even harder to learn better money habits.
Having said that, there is one thing that can help you get cash almost immediately to help with those emergencies. I am talking about title loans from South Carolina. Vehicle title loans are short-term loans that use your vehicle’s title as collateral for the cash. These loans are great to help out in an emergency and they come with a lot of other benefits.
What Are The Benefits Of Title Loans?
Aside from being able to manage emergencies, title loans have plenty of benefits. Some of them include:
- You get to keep your vehicle. Just make sure you are repaying the loan following the repayment schedule you and the rep create.
- We will work with any credit. Whether you have less-than-average credit, perfect credit, or no credit history at all, you are still free to apply.
- You can borrow anywhere from $601 to $15,000 with our title loans.
- You only need three things to apply — a driver's license or ID card, a lien-free title to your car, and your car.
- You will receive your money on the same day – or possibly the next working day, depending on which of our two options you choose to go through the process.
How Can I Apply For A Title Loan?
The process of getting a title loan in South Carolina is easy. It is so easy, we actually offer two ways of going through it. You can either have us come to you or you come to one of our stores.
Either way you choose, the process is the same:
- Fill out the form found on our homepage;
- Wait for a loan representative to give you a call. They will explain the process and you can give them a location to meet you;
- After the call, head to your closest title cash near you or to the location you’ve chosen with your ID or driver's license, lien-free vehicle title, and your vehicle;
- Whether you come to us and we go to you, the loan representative will examine your ID and title and inspect your vehicle;
- The representative will determine if you qualify for approval. If you are approved, you will either be given the cash on the same day or the next bank business day.
What Can I Use My Title Loan For?
Title loans are reserved for when you need them most. For instance, if your sewage pipe has burst and you need someone to come out now. Or if you've fallen off a ladder and have an unexpected medical bill to pay. Whatever your financial emergency is, a title loan can get you out of it quickly.
Creating new money habits is hard. But these tips may surprise you how well they could work. Just have a bit of patience and you will see your better money habits change for the better.
Note: The content provided in this article is only for informational purposes, and you should contact your financial advisor about your specific financial situation.